Alpha Brain Waves Benefits
The Alpha brainwave state is actually considered the brain’s most normal functioning state. But, we seem to spend less and less time functioning in alpha. One consequence of this is the brain actually forgets how to produce alpha waves. This means we tend to feel more stressed and less able to cope with the strain stress induces on your health. So, the result is a greater chance of getting stress-related disorders and diseases. Anxiety and stress have a dramatic impact on lowering the strength of your immune system.
The Benefits Of Increasing Alpha Brain Waves
- Deep Relaxation of Body and Mind– Your stresses and worries drift away when you enter the alpha brainwave state. Tension and nervousness disappear as your brain’s thought process is calmed down; your mind becomes clearer.
- Higher Levels of Creativity– Alpha brainwave levels are found to be much higher in artists, musicians and creative thinkers. Creative thinkers also tend to be those who go on to become world famous entrepreneurs, as they are better equipped at solving life’s problems and helping others. Right now, employers are looking for new and innovative ideas to help them survive in this economy. Those who have the entrepreneurial edge over others are making vast fortunes from the wealth of opportunities that exist to the creative alpha-minders!
- Improved Problem Solving Abilities– When you have too much beta activity in your brain, your ability to problem solve shuts right down. Stress causes clutter in your thought process. The solution is to produce more alpha waves. If you ever get writer’s block or get stuck on an important task, then getting that “aha” moment of creative inspiration is possible when you learn how to switch on your alpha mind and get back into your state of “flow.”.
- Improved Mood and Stability of Emotions– Having more alpha brainwaves usually indicates more positive, stable and balanced emotions. This means you can cope better with stress and keep calm in tough situations. Irritable, anxious and over sensitive people tend to spend most of their time in a beta state, and can usually greatly improve their minds by increasing their alpha brainwaves without resorting to taking drugs, excessive alcohol and other bad habits.
- Performance and Getting In the “Zone”– the alpha brainwave state is associated with “peak performance” and players who get “in the zone” perform best when they have less beta brainwaves interfering with their peak, alpha state of mind. Studies on professional sports players have shown they have a surge in alpha brainwaves in the left side of their brain just before making a successful shot or playing decision. Those who failed tend to have a flood of beta brainwaves in their left side of their brains instead. It has been shown by experiments like these that “over thinking” (beta) or” under thinking” (theta) have a negative effect on game play, but being in an alpha brainwave state is the perfect state for high performance.
- Super learning” and “Genius states”– learning new skills, enhanced memory and genius-like abilities are found in those who spend their time mostly in an alpha brainwave state. This is because the tasks associated with those abilities require less overall effort to accomplish and the ability to retain large amounts of information is enhanced.
- Enhanced Immune System– Long-term stress and tension have a negative impact on your immune system and can even shut it down completely in extreme cases, due to the excessive production of cortisol and adrenaline. When you are in an alpha brainwave state, you are in a relaxed state where your immune system is allowed to work at its best. The “feel good” effect of alpha brainwaves leads to the production of happy and well-functioning cells in your body, which provides a healthy and efficient immune system ready to protect you from any disease.
levels of “Serotonin”– Serotonin is released more during alpha brainwave states. Serotonin levels are associated with your moods and low serotonin levels are linked to depression and other neurological disorders, such as anxiety and panic attacks.
Generating more alpha waves makes you feel less anxious and more relaxed as the harmony between your mind and body is restored. Scientists have shown that highly creativity people like artists, actors and even entrepreneurs tend spend more of their time in alpha brainwave states. This is because creativity requires a surge of alpha brainwave activity.